|Full Stack Python Developer (Django, Flask, Pygame, Pi3D)|
|Deadline||31 May 2019|
We design and develop cricket simulators for entertainment and training. We have developed the world’s first portable, IOT ready and fully automated bowling machine. That coupled with projection image of bowler running up to deliver the ball has created an incredibly fun activity. We have made installations in Canada and South Africa with looking to expand to Asia and Australia this year. Our products have gathered great interest from both local and international markets allowing us to expand out core research and product development team.
We were founded by a pair of childhood friends from Kenya that were passionate about cricket. We have recently been backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors and entrepreneurs.
Who we are looking for
We are looking a full-time full stack python developer who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and is passionate about developing software for IOT enabled embedded devices. The successful candidate will part-take in research and development activities within the cricket simulator and other sports technologies we have in the pipeline. We have working with some high-profile clients to deliver cricket fan zones and training centres.
We have a deep focus on product development and innovation and are currently comprised of a team of highly innovative and motivated individuals.
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative start-ups focusing solely on leveraging the power of technology to all sports. BatFast designs and develops various sports technologies aimed at leisure, entertainment and training markets. It currently has a state-of-the-art cricket and baseball Simulator. The ideal candidate will be working on products that are the latest software and hardware technologies.
We love everything IOT, embedded, mechanical and off-course Python. We are working on the next generation of sport simulators and scoring systems.
The ideal candidate will refine the existing cricket simulator software, address bugs and develop the next generation UI/UX of our products. They will work with the commercial, R&D and marketing team to develop the next generation in the family of sport simulators and add-on products such as a novel object tracking system that use low cost cameras to achieve the same performance and accuracy of a professional off-the-shelve alternative.
The role will be a mixture of hands-on development and providing leadership, mentoring and assistance the software team. Part-take in Design, test and build of various hardware and software projects using Agile methodologies.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Maintain and improve existing software (Python, HTML, Ajax, Jquery, Flask, Pygame, Pi3D)
- Provide remote software support to international clients
- Integrate UI/UX interface for next generation of BATFAST’s cricket simulators
- Collaborate with other system/software developers
- Undertake basic electrical prototyping of embedded hardware
- Manage software repositories and deployment/update schedules
- Generate technical reports for internal dissemination
- Develop cloud-based and local databases using CouchDB/PostgreSQL
- Deploy a cloud-based infrastructure using AWS/Google
- Record and interpret test results
- API Creation and RESTful services
- Partake in R&D and innovation projects such as camera based object tracking
- Help build an Artificially Intelligent and Machine Learning platform
- Work in a highly dynamic and innovative environment within the Loughborough Science Parks
- Great career progression opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and Performance based bonus
- 25 Days Holiday
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Regular Team Social Events
|Qualifications:||Relevant Degree (BSc or equivalent)||Desired|
|Software development experience with at least 3 years of python development experience||Essential|
|Experience:||Experience in developing software platforms||Essential|
|Experience in Developing for Python in Django, Flask and Pygame||Essential|
|Experience in Developing for Python in Pi3D||Desired|
|Experience in developing software architecture ((Python, C/C++)||Essential|
|Experience in managing software repositories e.g. Git||Essential|
|Experience in database design and management (SQL,NOSQL,PostgreSQL)||Essential|
|Good general IT skills||Essential|
|Data analysis, report writing and presentation||Essential|
|Personal Abilities:||Good team working skills||Essential|
|Flexibility to travel||Desirable|
|Focused on quality deliverance and timing||Essential|
|Methodical to problem solving||Essential|