Full-time role based primarily in Nottingham for a candidate eligible to work in the UK.
Direct Employment – No Recruitment Agencies.
BatFast is a leader in global sports technology. Founded in 2016 to increase participation in sports worldwide.
We use data, augmented reality technology, machine learning, and robotics to re-engineer how sports are played. We use technology to change the game. With data and patented technology, we’ve made sports more accessible for beginners and aspiring professionals alike – whether you’re here to play, complete, or improve.
We currently innovate, design, develop, and build multisports simulators for training and entertainment industries. We have a great pipeline of products and features we are working on over the next few years. There will be many aspects of the business to get involved in within our highly dynamic, passionate, and ever-growing team.
The BatFast team is looking for a multiskilled candidate with excellent interpersonal skills for the position of Maintenance and Service Engineer. We are looking for an individual who has experience in managing processes within a fast-paced environment – ideally in a warehouse setting.
The roles induction will involve shadowing of installations, maintenance and assembly work to gain a sound knowledge of the product and its mechanics. As well as thorough training you will be provided with all the tools training and support you need to succeed.
Long-term responsibilities would include –
- Performing regular maintenance visits to clients nationwide – client liaison, maintaining standards and all relevant record keeping (Transport means will be provided along with expenses)
- Delivering planned service schedules on products nationwide
- Responding to maintenance and service call-outs as required
- General product assembly at our Nottingham base – lead on in-house mechanical assembly and quality control
- General warehouse and inventory duties within our Nottingham base
- A key part of the installation team, to carry out Global installations
- Ensure technical issues (during installation, assembly, and operation) are flagged and fed back to the engineering team for a timely resolution.
- Overnight stay away from home will be required (for client installation, maintenance, and service call out) – with expenses and accommodation provided.
- Organised with high attention to detail.
- Innovative thinking, and good communication skills to put forward ideas.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Personable – happy to interact with clients.
- Pride in your work.
- Experience and interest in mechanical systems.
- Flexible to work some unsociable hours/locations.
- Approachable – happy to help attitude.
- Mechanical build and general tool skills – Essential.
- Good general IT skills – Essential
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures to build electro/mechanical assemblies – Essential.
- Willingness to fix problems – Essential.
- Full Clean Driving Licence – Essential.
- Experience in reading mechanical drawings – Essential.
- Ability to perform minor electrical diagnostics (training will be provided) – Desirable
Why work for BatFast?
BatFast is a company growing at a rapid speed and is a thriving innovative environment. Even though we are still a small company, we offer great perks for being part of the BatFast team.
- Vitality Health insurance package
- Pension Scheme
- Team Social Events
- Reward and Recognition through Most Valued Player of the Month, Celebrating Work Anniversaries with BatFast merchandise, celebrating your personal milestones
- Investing in your personal development with training opportunities