As part of their ongoing commitment to using technology to increase global participation in sport, BatFast have developed a groundbreaking new product solution that reduces the barriers to people playing cricket, BatFast SmartPlay.
On 14th May 2022, BatFast invited various dignitaries to officially launch the first global BatFast SmartPlay location at Doncaster Cricket Club. The first location has been backed by businessman and philanthropist Andy Currie, who grew up in Doncaster. Andy is a Founding Director of petrochemical company INEOS, which itself has a strong presence in the sports industry.
BatFast SmartPlay is a purpose-built, flexible training facility designed to enhance batting skills at all levels of the game, increasing participation in the process. . Powered by the internet and artificial intelligence, SmartPlay is fully automated and can be booked and managed completely online without the need for staff on site.
Some benefits for the players are:
- As the whole system is online and can accommodate single-person use, players can access it by themselves for as long as they wish without having to find and coordinate diaries with other players.
- Due to there being no member of staff, the cost of operating a facility of this type is minimal, meaning cost savings can be passed onto the players making the sport affordable.
- As the technology allows each experience to be personalized, players get more out of each session both in terms of quality and quantity, with consistent delivery tailored to the player’s skill level and requirements.
There are also multiple benefits for the cricket club and leisure venue
- SmartPlay will help the venue generate extra revenue, utilizing dead space so there is no opportunity cost
- Smart Play will allow the venue to attract new members, retain members and bring back former members who have stopped participating at the club or venue
- SmartPlay will result in added secondary spending on other activities such as coaching, memberships, merchandise, etc
BatFast CEO, Runish Gudhka said, “We aspire to see a SmartPlay facility in every cricket club and urban leisure center in the UK. What’s even more exciting is we have developed a solid business model that means private investors would be able to fund these facilities making them sustainable for cricket clubs and leisure centers. With time we believe this facility will reduce the generation challenges and threats that cricket has faced which is a lack of affordable and accessible facilities”
To get in touch to find out more about how you can install a SmartPlay location please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org